How To Become a Per Diem Nurse: Step by Step Guide
Per diem nursing is a great way to maintain a career and personal life. Nurses choose per diem nursing for various reasons, whether you want supplemental income or more time with family. Whatever your reason, per diem nursing will not disappoint. If you’re ready to jump into the per diem world, you’ll need to know how to become a per diem nurse. Let me show you the way!
- Connect with per diem recruiter to help you through the hiring process.
- Complete an online application.
- Schedule over the phone interview with your recruiter.
- Complete pre-hiring work on your personalized online dashboard.
- Provide two professional references. For instance, you will need one from your current position and another from the specialty you are wanting to be placed in at Nurses PRN.
- Begin working with a representative from our compliance team.
- Compliance representative will collect credentials that facilities require to have on file for you. Those credentials will go into a profile that will be sent to the client.
- Compliance representative will assign online employment forms and competency testing.
- The facility you go to might require additional documents, if that does happen your recruiter will discuss that with you.
- The basic hiring requirements for any per diem employee are as follows:
-Physical and TB (both done within the last 12 months)
-AHA BLS for Healthcare Providers
-2 forms of Identification
-Voided check for direct deposit
-Photo ID for your name badge
The best part is you do not even have to come in to our office to provide these items, you can simply text or email photos of them to us!
Why Are These Steps Necessary?
We are a Joint Commission Certified agency and we work really hard to provide the very best nurses to our clients. The average hiring time takes two weeks from start to finish. However, if you’re a real go getter you may be able to complete the process faster. But, please know that becoming a per diem nurse doesn’t happen overnight. The best things in life take time, right?!
If you have further questions about the hiring process please reach out to us, we are happy to help!