South Carolina is the perfect place for Sterile Processing Tech to live the life they've always dreamed off. In the summer, South Carolina has fantastic beaches with surf, sun and sand for you to enjoy. But that's not all, there's also fantastic shopping, great food, historic sites and great outdoor fun all waiting for you in South Carolina.
Along the Eastern Atlantic Coast of South Carolina are lots of popular spots.The Grand Strand comprises 60 miles of mostly beachfront from the North and South Carolina border through the towns of Little River, Atlantic Beach, Myrtle Beach, Surfside Beach and Garden City down to Pawleys Island. Along the Grand Strand are some of the best beaches in the U.S. and great eateries and other tourist attractions.
Historic Charleston is the cultural center of the deep south and is beautifully preserved almost like a living museum. In Charleston you can see incredible 18th century homes and plantations, museums, and the Battery that protected the city. Charleston also has great art galleries and one-of-a-kind shops and antique stores. Don't miss the Charleston Ghost and Graveyard Tour too!
So, if you're ready to advance your nursing career while enjoying a state rich with history and all the amenities then make South Carolina your next destination!
The Sterile Processing Technician specializes in sterilizing, prepping and packaging surgical equipment and tools. Sterile Processing Techs must have advanced knowledge about surgical tools and different ways to decontaminate and prevent infections.
As a Sterile Processing Technician your responsibilities consist of:
- Making sure all medical instruments and tools are sterilized and all safety precautions are followed.
- Managing inventory of surgical supplies and equipment by stocking and placing orders.
- Examine and test all surgical equipment, instruments and tools for defects or problems prior to surgeries.
One year of experience as a Sterile Processing Technician within the past two years.
- Current Nursing License in good standing.
- Up to date BLS through American Heart Association.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen.