The "Big Easy" is your next great adventure! Talk about checking off an awesome city on your travel nursing location bucket list. You'll immediately feel the electricity of the city.
From the culture, art, cuisine, music and incredible people you'll quickly realize why this city attracts so many. Let's put it this way, you'll need a lot more time than your 13 week contract to explore everything New Orleans has to offer, but you can definitely check a few things off your sight-seeing list! First and foremost, you need to explore the French Quarter. There is so much to do and see here. Especially, visiting the world famous Bourbon Street. You'll find live entertainment, restaurants and bars waiting for you. The true heart and soul of the city. If you're looking for something a little more peaceful and serene, check out Garden District. You'll view gorgeous historic homes surrounded by lush landscape and mature trees - relaxing stroll after your visit to Bourbon Street. You'll come ALIVE in New Orleans! Time to take the leap and lock in your next contract in NOLA.
The Sterile Processing Tech specializes in sterilizing, preparing and packaging surgical tools and equipment. Sterile Processing Technicians must have advanced knowledge about surgical instruments and various methods to decontaminate and prevent infections.
As a Sterile Processing Tech your duties consist of:
- Making sure all medical instruments and tools are sterile and all safety precautions are followed.
- Managing inventory of surgical equipment and supplies by stocking and placing orders.
- Inspect and test all surgical equipment, instruments and tools for defects or problems prior to operations.
One year of experience as a Sterile Processing Tech within the past two years.
- Active Nursing License in good standing.
- Current Basic Life Support from American Heart Association.
- Negative Drug Screen.