A Med/Surg Registered Nurse performs a variety of duties from entry to discharge with a patient. Med/Surg RN's work directly with patients and also may assist a physician with procedures. A Medical Surgical RN can handle the duties of a charge nurse when assigned.
ResponsibilitiesAs a Medical Surgical Registered Nurse your duties consist of:
- Doing patient admissions and assessments.
- Dispensing necessary medications.
- Documenting patient care regarding procedures and test results.
- Carrying out doctors orders.
- Review labs and other test results.
RequirementsOne year of experience as a Med/Surg Registered Nurse within the past two years.
- Active Nursing License in good standing.
- Current BLS from American Heart Association.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen.
Travel or Local Contract
Days, 12 hours