A Med/Surg RN performs a variety of duties from entry to discharge with a patient. Med/Surg RN's work directly with patients and also may assist a physician with procedures. A Med/Surg Nurse can handle the duties of a charge nurse when needed.
ResponsibilitiesAs a Medical Surgical RN your duties include:
- Handling patient admissions and assessments.
- Distributing prescribed medications.
- Documenting patient care regarding procedures and the results of their tests.
- Carrying out physicians orders.
- Review labs and the results of other tests.
RequirementsOne year of experience as a Med/Surg Nurse within the past two years.
- Current RN License in good standing.
- Up to date BLS through American Heart Association.
- Negative Drug Screen.
Travel or Local Contract
Nights, 12 hours