A Med/Surg RN performs a variety of duties from entry to discharge with a patient. Medical Surgical Nurses work directly with patients and also may assist a physician with procedures. A Med/Surg RN can step in and perform the duties of a charge nurse when assigned.
ResponsibilitiesAs a Med/Surg Registered Nurse your responsibilities consist of:
- Performing patient admissions and assessments.
- Dispensing prescribed medications.
- Logging patient care regarding procedures and the results of their tests.
- Implementing doctors orders.
- Review labs and other test results.
RequirementsOne year of experience as a Medical Surgical Registered Nurse within the past two years.
- Current Nursing License in good standing.
- Up to date BLS from American Heart Association.
- Negative Drug Screen.
Travel or Local Contract
Nights, 12 hours