A Med/Surg Nurse performs a variety of duties from entry to discharge with a patient. Medical Surgical Registered Nurses work directly with patients and also may assist a physician with procedures. A Medical Surgical Nurse can step in and perform the duties of a charge nurse when assigned.
ResponsibilitiesAs a Medical Surgical RN your duties include:
- Doing patient admissions and assessments.
- Distributing needed medications.
- Documenting patient care regarding procedures and test results.
- Implementing doctors orders.
- Review labs and other test results.
RequirementsOne year of experience as a Medical Surgical Registered Nurse within the past two years.
- Current Nursing License in good standing.
- Current BLS from American Heart Association.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen.
Travel or Local Contract
Nights, 12 hours