Tennessee combines natural beauty, southern hospitality, and vibrant cites. West Tennessee borders the mighty Mississippi River and is anchored by Memphis, home of music legends from Elvis to Justin. Middle Tennessee has gently rolling hills and the heart of country music, Nashville. Eastern Tennessee runs through the Great Smokey Mountains National Park and has beautiful Chattanooga, great shopping in Knoxville and Pigeon Forge (hometown of Dolly Parton). No matter where in Tennessee, RN have a great time.
Memphis is famous world wide for it's legendary musical history in blues, rock and roll and soul. It also has unique shops, 5-star restaurants, local bbq and the musical nightlight of Beale Street.
Nashville is the capital of country music and so much more. Country music fans will want to visit Opryland but there are lots of great venues for live music including BB King's, The Nashville Palace, Sambuca and many more. Outdoor lovers will want to take a drive east and visit Fall Creek Falls State Park for some of the most spectacular waterfalls east of the Mississippi River.
Chattanooga is an often overlooked gem in the eastern part of Tennessee. It sits in the mountains and has an eclectic mix of fun activities and outdoor recreation. In Chattanooga you can do everything from rock climbing, hiking, mountain biking, whitewater rafting and hangliding to visiting art galleries and a world class aquarium, shopping and dining in funky fun locations or fine dining in the trendy NorthShore area. If you have any energy left, visit Pigeon Forge and Great Smokey Mountains National Park.
No matter how you define fun, Tennessee has something you're sure to love.
ResponsibilitiesAs a Maternal and Child Health Registered Nurse your responsibilities consist of:
- Providing information on family planning matters.
- Supporting preventive health and prenatal practices for mothers. Which consists of assisting her with prenatal care, reviewing her diet, and reducing and/or eliminating her use of alcohol, tobacco, and illegal drugs.
- Supporting the health and well being of women who are pregnant and their children.
- Promoting increased family vaccination rates.
- Assisting the new mother prep physically and emotionally for the arrival of her new baby.
- Provide guidance for the expecting mother and her family to ensure she is self-sufficient by helping them to develop a vision for their futures.
RequirementsOne year of experience as an Maternal and Child Health Nurse within the past two years.
- Active Nursing License in good standing.
- Current Basic Life Support from American Heart Association.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen.