Travelers who take an assignment in Iowa are always in for a treat. With picturesque views and a friendly social environment, this is certainly one of the more pleasant states to work and play in.
Iowa has more than its share of attractions. The Octagon Center for the Arts makes a point to inspire others to be creative. The art galleries hold immortal images and work by talented artists that challenge the minds of viewers. You'll also find unique treasures at the gift shop; the items here are handcrafted and therefore one of a kind. If you long for an action-packed time, you can spend the day at Adventureland. Space Shot, Tornado, and the Dragon are just some of the most stimulating rides in the park. Arcade games and the ever-popular bingo also appeal to a multitude of guests.
During your stay, you'll be encouraged to enjoy the pleasures of the natural world as well. Tour Crystal Lake Cave to drink in the dazzling sight of glittering stalactites and giant stalagmites. For a greener, more flowery scene, botanical gardens such as Heritage Rose Garden nurture colorful blooms that have attracted visitors for years and continue to do so today.
You can give yourself the chance to enjoy the finer things in life whilst on assignment in Iowa. This state is many a travel nurse's dream come true, and who knows - it may be just the place you were looking for.
ResponsibilitiesAs a Labor and Delivery Nurse some of your duties consist of:
- Making assessments of contractions, dilation, fetal heart rate, etc.
- Performing follow-up duties which consist of:
- Checking the condition of the newborn.
- Assessing the condition of the mother.
- Looking for signs of distress.
- Watching for signs of infections and any other troubles.
- One year of experience as a L&D Registered Nurse within the past two years.
- Current Nursing License in good standing.
- Current BLS from American Heart Association.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen.