Are you a nurse that likes the city-life, but loves being able to escape to nature and dabble in a little outdoor adventure as well? What better city to live and work in than a city that's referred to as "Forest City"? Rockford is located on both banks of the Rock River, so it has a lot to offer to those looking for a beautiful place to explore. Fishing, hiking, boating, canoeing, kayaking, golfing - you name it, Rockford has it! Rockford is also home to Anderson Japanese Gardens, one of the highest quality Japanese Gardens in the U.S. Looking for some peace and quiet after a long day at work? Head to the gardens to experience nothing but calmness and tranquility amoungst the koi-filled ponds and cascading waterfalls. Unique outdoor adventures for all ages and experience levels, Rockford ensures that you and your family or friends will stay busy! Once you have quenched your thirst for the outdoors, head to the city for a plethera of antique shopping malls, specialty stores, museums, and theatres. In fact, Rockford's Riverfront Museum Campus holds 3 of Rockford's most well-known museums in one convenient place, for you to easily make an afternoon out of it. After a day of exploring the deep culture and history of Rockford, grab a few coworkers for a night on the town! Rockford offers a range of trendy bars, clubs and restaurants for all ages and tastebuds! A few of the most popular bars and restaurants... Octane, Social Urban Bar & Restaurant, Blue Line, Abreo, Irsish Rose Saloon and Capri. We guarentee you won't go hungry! Rockford is a hidden gem with a lot to offer any nurse looking to enjoy the perfect combination of the city-life and the outdoors. To learn more about our available Per Diem opportunities in Rockford, give us a call!
Intensive Care Unit Nurses must provide top end care for patients with life-threatening medical conditions. Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurses must have the ability to make immediate and accurate decisions while keeping composed during unforeseen, traumatic events.
ICU Nurses responsibilities include:
- Analyzing the progress of the patient.
- Following the correct process if there are any changes in the patient’s condition.
- Assisting physicians with procedures.
- Ensuring all medical devices are functioning correctly while caring for patients.
- Administering needed medication in a fast-paced, high stress environment.
- Providing emotional support while updating family members of current health status of the patient.
One year of experience as an ICU Nurse within the past two years.
- Current RN License in good standing.
- Current Basic Life Support through American Heart Association.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen.