Intensive Care Unit Nurses must provide top end care for patients with life-threatening trauma. ICU Registered Nurses must have the ability to make immediate and accurate decisions while keeping composed during unpredictable, traumatic events.
Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurses responsibilities include:
- Evaluating the progress of the patient.
- Taking needed steps if the patient’s condition changes.
- Helping doctors with procedures.
- Making sure all medical equipment is functioning correctly while taking care of the patient.
- Providing needed medication in a fast-paced, highly stressful environment.
- Providing emotional support while updating family members of current health status of the patient.
One year of experience as an Intensive Care Unit Nurse within the past two years.
- Active RN License in good standing.
- Current Basic Life Support from American Heart Association.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen.