The Dialysis Nurse helps patients with kidney disease by providing dialysis treatments. The main duty of the Dialysis Nurse is to purify the blood by removing any toxins caused by the failing kidney.
ResponsibilitiesDialysis Nurse duties include:
- Running and monitoring a hemodialysis machine used to cleanse the patient's blood.
- Assessing the vital signs of the patient vitals during treatment.
- Being able to take needed measures if any problems come up.
- Instructing the patient about the procedures and results in a sympathetic and compassionate manner.
RequirementsOne year of experience as a Dialysis Registered Nurse within the past two years.
- Current Nursing License in good standing.
- Up to date Basic Life Support from American Heart Association.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen.
Travel or Local Contract
Days, 12 hours