The Dialysis Nurse helps patients who have kidney disease by assisting with dialysis treatments. The primary duty of the Dialysis RN is to purify the blood by removing all toxins caused by the failing kidney.
Dialysis Nurse responsibilities consist of:
- Operating and monitoring a hemodialysis machine used to clean the patient’s blood.
- Monitoring the patient’s vitals during treatment.
- Being able to take necessary measures if any problems come up.
- Teaching patients on the procedures and results in a sympathetic and compassionate manner.
One year of experience as a Dialysis Nurse within the past two years.
- Current Nursing License in good standing.
- Current BLS through American Heart Association.
- Negative Drug Screen.