Intensive Care Unit Nurses must provide top end care for patients with life-threatening injuries. ICU Nurses must have the ability to make immediate and spot on decisions while keeping composed during unforeseen, traumatic events.
ResponsibilitiesIntensive Care Unit RNs duties consist of:
- Analyzing the patient's progress.
- Following the correct process if the patient's condition changes.
- Assisting medical staff with medical procedures.
- Making sure all equipment is functioning properly while taking care of patients.
- Giving necessary medication in a fast moving, highly stressful environment.
- Providing emotional support while updating family members of current health status of the patient.
RequirementsOne year of experience as an Intensive Care Unit Nurse within the past two years.
- Active RN License in good standing.
- Up to date BLS through American Heart Association.
- Negative Drug Screen.
Travel or Local Contract
15:00 - 23:00