Intensive Care Unit Nurses must provide top end care for patients with life-threatening injuries. ICU RNs must have the ability to make immediate and spot on decisions while keeping composed during unpredictable, traumatic events.
ResponsibilitiesIntensive Care Unit Registered Nurses duties consist of:
- Evaluating the progress of the patient.
- Following the correct process if there are any changes in the patient's condition.
- Helping physicians with procedures.
- Making sure all equipment is functioning properly while taking care of patients.
- Dispensing necessary medication in a fast-paced, highly stressful environment.
- Providing emotional support while updating family members of current health status of the patient.
RequirementsOne year of experience as an ICU RN within the past two years.
- Active RN License in good standing.
- Current BLS through American Heart Association.
- Negative Drug Screen.
Travel or Local Contract
Nights, 12 hours