ICU RNs must provide top end care for patients with life-threatening injuries. ICU Nurses must have the ability to make rapid and spot on decisions while staying composed during unpredictable, traumatic events.
ResponsibilitiesIntensive Care Unit Nurses duties include:
- Evaluating the patient's progress.
- Following the correct process if the patient's condition changes.
- Assisting doctors with procedures.
- Making sure all equipment is functioning properly while caring for patients.
- Dispensing necessary medication in a fast-paced, high stress environment.
- Providing emotional support while updating family members of current health status of the patient.
RequirementsOne year of experience as an Intensive Care Unit RN within the past two years.
- Active RN License in good standing.
- Current Basic Life Support through American Heart Association.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen.
Travel or Local Contract
Nights, 12 hours