While it's most famous for Mount Rushmore National Monument, South Dakota has much more than that to offer to a traveling RN with a knack for the great outdoors or a desire to experience history and culture. Boasting nearly 60 state parks and recreational areas, South Dakota is the place to experience wildlife in a natural setting. Where else can you sit back and watch buffalo roam freely on The Great Plains?
Adventure-seeking travel nurses will love Custer State Park. The park's lakes are ideal for swimming and fishing while its many trails are popular with hikers and mountain bikers. The Missouri River, cutting through the state, provides beautiful views and endless water activities.
History buffs need to stop at Crazy Horse Memorial and literature lovers will jump at the chance to see the home of Laura Ingalls Wilder. When you're ready to take a break from the many outdoor pursuits available, sit back and enjoy some live music at Jazzfest in Sioux Falls.
When it's time to take in some excitement, there are rodeos throughout South Dakota that capture the true spirit of the West, and motorcycle enthusiasts will flock to Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, one of the largest in the world. If you're looking for a travel contract that brings some adventure, South Dakota could be an excellent choice. Call Nurses PRN to see what we have available!
The clinic nurse is responsible for the general care of patients in the out-patient clinics. They must possess basic knowledge of medical terminology and procedures, along with advanced communication skills.
As a clinic nurse your duties include:
- Performing patient assessment, monitor vitals, and assist in treating the patient under the physicianâ€™s orders.
- Assist the physician in medical procedures and operations.
- Help in organizing and scheduling the patientâ€™s appointments and medical procedures
- Provide comfort and compassion to the patients and their families.
- Active Nursing License in good standing.
- Current Basic Life Support through American Heart Association.
- Negative Drug Screen.
- Competitive salary based upon experience
- Full benefits package
- Potential for Sign on Bonus
- Relocation assistance provided as needed
One year of experience as a clinic RN within the past two years.