The Catheterization Lab Nurse assists doctors in the diagnosis and treatment of cardiac problems. Cath lab nurses are responsible for preparing the patient for their procedures, and provide physical and emotional support to the patient.
As a Cath Lab RN your duties include:
- Checking the patient’s vital signs before, during and after procedures.
- Dispensing and documenting prescribed medication.
- Providing treatment when necessary.
- Assisting the physicians perform several procedures such as angioplasties and stent placements.
One year of experience as a Cath Lab Nurse within the past two years.
- Current Nursing License in good standing.
- Current BLS through American Heart Association.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen.