The OR Tech is responsible for working with surgeons in the operating room. An Operating Room Technician will prepare the room and patient for their operation and ensure all medical equipment is sterilized and functioning correctly.
As an Allied Health Operating Room Technician your duties include:
- Monitoring the health of the patient before, during and after the operation.
- Predicting and handing supplies and instruments to surgeons during operation.
- Conserving any items needed for laboratory examinations.
One year of experience as an Operating Room Tech within the past two years.
- Active Nursing License in good standing.
- Up to date Basic Life Support from American Heart Association.
- Negative Drug Screen.