The main responsibility of a Long Term Care Nurse is to provide care for elderly patients under the guidance of a Registered Nurse or a doctor. Frequently they work in non-hospital facilities with patients that are mentally or physically disabled, or patients that can no longer live safely at home.
ResponsibilitiesAs a Long Term Care LPN/LVN your duties include:
- Assess the health of the patient, analyze vitals and treat as necessary.
- Giving prescribed medication and injections, as well as CPR if necessary.
- Helping the patient with daily tasks such as using the bathroom, bathing and eating.
RequirementsOne year of experience as a Long Term Care Nurse within the past two years.
- Current Nursing License in good standing.
- Current Basic Life Support through American Heart Association.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen.
Travel or Local Contract
Nights, 12 hours