As a traveling RN, when you choose a destination you want to be sure that you can find something to suit your interests. Whether you want to spend your free time relaxing in nature or living it up with some live music, you can probably find it in Tennessee.
Nashville, also known as "Music City," has no shortage of entertainment for a Travel Nurse on a day off. You can soak in music and history at the Grand Ole Opry, go shopping at Opry mills, or learn to line dance. Music lovers will also feel at home in Memphis, which is known as the home of blues music and houses attractions such as Graceland, the mansion once lived in by Elvis Presley. More Tennessee cities boasting identities of their own include Chattanooga, Knoxville, and Pigeon Forge.
If you are hoping to soak up some scenery when you choose an RN contract, you'll find solace in views of the Mississippi River, mountain ranges, and rolling hills. The Great Smoky Mountains National Park is a great place to walk the Appalachian Trail, see natural waterfalls, and take in mountain views from Clingmans Dome.
From quirky cities to natural beauty from the Mississippi River and Smoky Mountains, there is plenty for a Traveling RN to encounter in Tennessee. Give Nurses PRN a call if this sounds like the right option for you.
The Sterile Processing Technician specializes in sterilizing, preparing and packaging surgical equipment and tools. Sterile Processing Techs need to have advanced knowledge about surgical instruments and various ways to decontaminate and prevent infections.
As a Sterile Processing Technician your responsibilities include:
- Making certain all medical instruments and tools are sterilized and all safety precautions are followed.
- Managing inventory of surgical supplies and equipment by stocking and placing orders.
- Check and test all surgical equipment, instruments and tools for defects or problems prior to surgeries.
One year of experience as a Sterile Processing Technician within the past two years.
- Current Nursing License in good standing.
- Up to date BLS through American Heart Association.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen.