A Medical Surgical RN performs a variety of duties from entry to discharge with a patient. Medical Surgical RN’s work directly with patients and also may assist a physician with procedures. A Medical Surgical RN can step in and perform the duties of a charge nurse when needed.
As a Medical Surgical RN your duties consist of:
- Handling patient admissions and assessments.
- Giving needed medications.
- Logging patient care regarding procedures and the results of their tests.
- Carrying out doctors orders.
- Review labs and the results of other tests.
One year of experience as a Medical Surgical RN within the past two years.
- Active Nursing License in good standing.
- Current Basic Life Support through American Heart Association.
- Negative Drug Screen.
2,000 hours in medical-surgical nursing in the past three years.