Visalia is a great choice for a travel contract because, being located between Los Angeles and San Francisco, it has all the excitement and amenities of a larger city combined with the charm and hometown feel of a smaller city. The city's proximity to the Sierra Nevada Mountains makes for a scenic backdrop and opens up the doors for tons of recreational activities.
Traveling nurses doubling as adventure seekers flock to Visalia's Sequoia National Park. With a varied landscape including mountains, foothills, canyons, and the world's largest trees, there are endless ways to explore such as hiking, horseback riding, and rock climbing. At the foothills of the park lies Kaweah Lake, a great place for fishing and boating while taking in the mountain views.
Visalia's downtown is frequented by both big name and local musicians at several live music venues. There is also a wide variety of restaurants and theaters where you can unwind after a busy shift at your assignment. Get to know the area by attending Downtown Visalia Brew Fest, shopping the many shops and boutiques, or walking the self-guided outdoor Mural Tour throughout the city.
If you have California in mind for your next assignment, consider this city that serves as the perfect convergence between natural scenery, city attractions, and the friendliness of small-town life.
The TELE Nurse is responsible for taking care of patients that need special monitoring, frequently including patients recently released from the Intensive Care Unit.
As a Telemetry Registered Nurse your duties consist of:
- Administering prescribed medications and use life measuring instruments.
- Analyzing data produced from various medical equipment and act upon findings.
- Providing updates to the patient and their family members about their condition.
- Teaching patients about the different ways to adjust to major lifestyle changes.
One year of experience as a TELE Nurse within the past two years.
- Active RN License in good standing.
- Up to date Basic Life Support through American Heart Association.
- Negative Drug Screen.