You know your next nursing contract is calling you to the beach…we can hear it, can't you?! Fort Lauderdale, FL is the ideal destination for any travel nurse. Beaches, palm trees, sun and surf. What more could you ask for on your next assignment. Grab the sunscreen and let's explore what your future will look like in Fort Lauderdale…
First and foremost, you must get your toes in the sand at Fort Lauderdale Beach. Whether you decide to just relax on the beach and soak up the sun, or take on an aquatic adventure and catch some waves – you will not be disappointed. While you are there you can take a break from the sun and enjoy the local bars, restaurants and shops. Sounds like a perfect place to kick your feet up!
As a nurse, you are on your feet all day – so a Fort Lauderdale Segway Tour is just the ticket for you! Explore this gorgeous city without adding more blisters to your feet! If you are unsure on how to ride a Segway, no worries. There is a brief training session to get your familiarized and then off you go for a two and half hour tour.
This is just a glimpse into your life as a Fort Lauderdale travel nurse – imagine the other life changing experiences you'll have during your contract here!
The Telemetry RN is responsible for taking care of patients who must have special monitoring, sometimes this includes patients recently released from the ICU.
As a Telemetry Registered Nurse your responsibilities include:
- Administering prescribed medications and operating life measuring instruments.
- Reviewing data produced from various medical equipment and act upon findings.
- Giving updates to the patient and their families about their condition.
- Teaching patients about the best ways to adjust to major lifestyle changes.
One year of experience as a Telemetry RN within the past two years.
- Active Nursing License in good standing.
- Up to date Basic Life Support through American Heart Association.
- Negative Drug Screen.