The travel nurse looking for scenic views and outdoor adventures would have an easy time finding it in North Dakota. The state is absolutely full of state and national parks such as Badlands National Park. This beautiful natural setting lends itself to pursuits such as hiking, biking, camping, and cross country skiing. In the Devil's Lake region, you can spend your time off from your travel contract boating, fishing, sailing or just relaxing on one of the many lakes.
If you're not the thrill-seeking type of travel nurse, there are plenty of opportunities to relax and soak in some culture in North Dakota. In Fargo, you can check out the impressive Plains Art Museum, go see a horse race, or gather up your nurse friends for a sporting event or concert at the FargoDome. There are county fairs and farmers markets throughout the state where you can relax among North Dakota's notably friendly residents.
History buffs love North Dakota for the old frontier forts and trading posts which still exist throughout the state and are open to visitors. If you're looking for a beautiful place to sit back and relax on a day off, the International Peace Garden, which the US shares with Canada, contains acres of beautiful gardens for you to roam.
If you haven't considered taking up a travel contract in North Dakota, we strongly recommend it! Give Nurses PRN a call when you're ready to get going.
The Surgical ICU Nurse is accountable for the care of very ill patients recovering from major procedures. Surgical ICU Nurses need to examine the patient, diagnose and create treatment plans accordingly.
As a SICU RN your duties include:
- Teaching patients and their family members before, during and after surgeries.
- Sterilizing medical tools and the room.
- Prepping the surgical room and ensure safety precautions are upheld.
- Working with the doctor in different procedures while monitoring the patient’s health.
One year of experience as a Surgical ICU RN within the past two years.
- Active RN License in good standing.
- Up to date BLS from American Heart Association.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen.
- Competitive salary based upon experience
- Full benefits package
- Potential for Sign on Bonus
- Relocation assistance provided as needed