Vermont is an idealized version of small town America. One of the least populous states, Vermont is a covered with beautiful forests and dotted with historic small towns and villages. Even the largest city, Burlington, would be considered a small town by most states. In the summer, there are mountains to hike, fairs and festival to attend, unique boutiques and antique shops, golfing, horse shows and Lake Champlain for boating and water sports. A RN dream come true.
In the fall, Vermont has some of the most spectacular fall foliage in the U. S. and people come from across the country to drive Vermont's country roads and hike in her state parks.
During the winter there are ski resorts such as Burke Mountain, Stowe, Smugglers' Notch, Killington Ski Resort, Mad River Glen, Sugarbush, Stratton, Jay Peak, Okemo, Suicide Six, Mount Snow and Bromley. Winter brings snowmobiling, ice fishing and backcountry skiing on the Catamount Trail too.
The spring in Vermont is "Sugaring Season." Vermont is the source of the world's best maple syrup and every spring those same trees that paint the hillsides each autumn, produce sap that is collect to make maple syrup. Sugaring season runs from March to April and all across Vermont, maple producers collect sap and boil it down into pure maple syrup. The Vermont Maple Open House Weekend is held every March and you'll be able to visit "sugarhouses" across the state and watch maple syrup being made and sample maple products. It's a uniquely Vermont experience that shouldn't be missed.
No matter what time of year, you'll find new friends in the small towns and villages that dot the Vermont landscape.
ResponsibilitiesAs a Psychiatric Registered Nurse your duties consist of:
- Creating medication schedules for the patient and keep track of the results of the patient's condition.
- Communicating with patients and their family members about the condition of the patient and the appropriate ways to deal with their condition.
- Providing emotional support and companionship for the patient while maintaining a safe, but effective treatment plan.
RequirementsOne year of experience as a Psychiatric RN within the past two years.
- Active RN License in good standing.
- Current Basic Life Support through American Heart Association.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen.