Known as the "Heart of Dixie," Alabama is the perfect place for a Travel Nurse to soak up the warm weather, gorgeous scenery, and hospitality of the South. The outdoor enthusiast can explore more than 22 state parks and famous historic trails including the Natchez Trace Parkway, Selma to Montgomery National Historic Trail, and Trail of Tears National Historic Trail.
As a traveling RN, you'll definitely want to relax in Gulf Shores or Orange Beach while soaking up the southern sunshine along miles of white sand beaches on the Gulf of Mexico. If you are a seafood lover and find yourself there in the fall, be sure to check out Gulf Shores' very own National Shrimp Festival.
For those who seek to explore the city life while on a Traveling RN assignment, Birgminham and Montgomery feature food, music, art, and culture to rival any US city. Stop at Birmingham's Splash Adventure for respite from the hot summer days.
If you think it's time to experience southern charm for yourself, call us at Nurses PRN to discuss available RN contracts. Whether it's historic hiking trails, relaxing beaches, or city life calling your name, Alabama could be the next place for you.
The Psychiatric Registered Nurse is responsible for providing care for patients who are diagnosed with mental and behavioral illnesses.
As a Psychiatric Nurse your duties include:
- Creating medication routines for the patient and log the findings of the patient’s condition.
- Communicating with patients and their families about the condition of the patient and the proper ways to handle their condition.
- Giving emotional support and companionship for the patient while following a safe, and effective treatment plan.
One year of experience as a Psychiatric RN within the past two years.
- Active RN License in good standing.
- Current BLS from American Heart Association.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen.