Called "Forest City" for the parks, trees, and nature preserves throughout, Cleveland is a perfect place for travel nurses who want the excitement and amenities of city life along with opportunities for adventure. Cleveland's location on the shores of Lake Erie, along with its diverse urban neighborhoods, give it an identity of its own.
To soak up some culture during a contract in Cleveland, head to Tremont, a unique neighborhood filled with galleries, theaters, cafes, and restaurants. West Side Market is a huge farmer's market popular with Cleveland residents. A more obscure Cleveland landmark is the Christmas Story house where the classic holiday movie was filmed.
If you like the chance to spend some time in nature on a travel contract, don't rule out Cleveland. Edgewater Park and Rockefeller Park nature preserves are just two of several places to enjoy the outdoors while in the city. Cleveland is full of hiking and biking trails, and the shores of Lake Erie welcome boating, fishing, swimming, and sailing.
Cleveland's have been called the "world's best sports fans" so it's a great place to take in a game. Beyond that, Cleveland has a huge live music scene, countless tours of the city whether you choose to explore on foot, bike, trolley, or boat, golf courses, and amusement parks. You go on a travel nursing contract to work, but you want to be somewhere that fills your off time with excitement, too. Cleveland is the place for that. Give Nurses PRN a call to see what's available!
The Psychiatric RN is in charge of providing health care for patients who are diagnosed with mental and behavioral illnesses.
As a Psychiatric RN your responsibilities consist of:
- Implementing medication routines for the patient and document the progress of the patient’s condition.
- Communicating with patients and their families about the condition of the patient and the appropriate measures to take when faced with their condition.
- Giving emotional support and companionship for patients while implementing a safe, and effective treatment plan.
One year of experience as a Psychiatric Registered Nurse within the past two years.
- Active RN License in good standing.
- Current BLS through American Heart Association.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen.