The "Big Easy" is your next great adventure! Talk about checking off an awesome city on your travel nursing location bucket list. You'll immediately feel the electricity of the city.
From the culture, art, cuisine, music and incredible people you'll quickly realize why this city attracts so many. Let's put it this way, you'll need a lot more time than your 13 week contract to explore everything New Orleans has to offer, but you can definitely check a few things off your sight-seeing list! First and foremost, you need to explore the French Quarter. There is so much to do and see here. Especially, visiting the world famous Bourbon Street. You'll find live entertainment, restaurants and bars waiting for you. The true heart and soul of the city. If you're looking for something a little more peaceful and serene, check out Garden District. You'll view gorgeous historic homes surrounded by lush landscape and mature trees - relaxing stroll after your visit to Bourbon Street. You'll come ALIVE in New Orleans! Time to take the leap and lock in your next contract in NOLA.
Intensive Care Unit Nurses must provide top end care for patients with life-threatening medical conditions. Intensive Care Unit Nurses must have the ability to make timely and spot on decisions while keeping composed during unpredictable, traumatic events.
Intensive Care Unit Nurses duties consist of:
- Analyzing the progress of the patient.
- Following the correct process if the patient’s condition changes.
- Helping doctors with medical procedures.
- Making sure all medical devices are functioning correctly while taking care of patients.
- Supplying necessary medication in a fast moving, highly stressful environment.
- Providing emotional support while updating family members of current health status of the patient.
One year of experience as an Intensive Care Unit Nurse within the past two years.
- Active Nursing License in good standing.
- Current Basic Life Support through American Heart Association.
- Negative Drug Screen.