North Carolina is a quintessentially southern state with fantastic beaches, majestic mountains, plenty of culture, history and fun all over. Enjoy the city life in Charlotte or one of the other exciting cities and then get away from it all one weekend with a trip to the Great Smokey Mountain National Park and the next week take a dip in the clear blue Atlantic and get a tan on the beach. RN can have it all in North Carolina.
Sun, sand, surf and relaxation are always close by in North Carolina. The coast and 300 miles of barrier island beaches have everything RN need to play and recharge. Enjoy fresh caught seafood right off the boat then shop until you drop in the great shopping districts. Later play a round of golf or visit a spa or winery.
The mountains of western North Carolina are famous for their waterfalls that draw hikers and photographers from across the country. The Great Smokey Mountains, the Appalachian Trail and the Blue Ridge Parkway are all found in western NC too. And don't miss the scenic coastal beauty on the Outer Banks where you'll find lighthouses and wild horses.
Make your next 13 week travel nursing assignment one you'll never forget with an assignment in the great state of North Carolina!
ResponsibilitiesIntensive Care Unit RNs duties include:
- Analyzing the patient's progress.
- Taking needed steps if the patient's condition changes.
- Helping physicians with procedures.
- Making sure all medical equipment is functioning properly while taking care of patients.
- Supplying needed medication in a fast moving, highly stressful environment.
- Providing emotional support while updating family members of current health status of the patient.
RequirementsOne year of experience as an Intensive Care Unit Nurse within the past two years.
- Current RN License in good standing.
- Current Basic Life Support through American Heart Association.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen.