The Post Anesthetic Care Unit RN will be responsible for the care of patients that have just undergone anesthesia during a medical procedure. Post Anesthetic Care Unit Nurses take care of a wide variety of patients, from adults to children and play an crucial role in the recovery of the patient.
ResponsibilitiesAs a PACU Registered nurse your duties consist of:
- Assess the health of the patient and administer medications as needed.
- Assisting patients with personal needs directly after their medical procedure as they are brought back to consciousness.
- Monitor the patient's vitals and ensure that no complications are found.
- Take care of the patients post operation wounds and change bandages when needed.
RequirementsOne year of experience as a PACU RN within the past two years.
- Active RN License in good standing.
- Current Basic Life Support through American Heart Association.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen.
Travel or Local Contract
Days, 8 hours