The PACU Nurse will be responsible for the care of patients that have just undergone anesthesia during a medical procedure. PACU RNs care for all types of patients, from adults to children and play an vital role in the patient's recovery.
ResponsibilitiesAs a Post Anesthetic Care Unit Nurse your responsibilities include:
- Analyze the health of the patient and administer medications as needed.
- Helping patients with personal needs right after their procedure as they are guided back to consciousness.
- Monitor the patient's vitals and ensure that no complications arise.
- Take care of the patients post operation wounds and replace dressings as necessary.
RequirementsOne year of experience as a Post Anesthetic Care Unit Registered nurse within the past two years.
- Active Nursing License in good standing.
- Current BLS through American Heart Association.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen.
Travel or Local Contract
Days, 12 hours