The OR Registered Nurse is responsible for assisting surgeons in the operating room. OR RNs will prep the room and the patient for the procedure and make certain that all equipment is clean and operating properly.
Operating Room Nurse duties include:
- Assessing the health of the patient before, during and after the procedure.
- Predict the needs of the surgeons and provide instruments and supplies to them during procedures.
- Collecting and tracking all items needed for lab examinations.
One year of experience as an Operating Room RN within the past two years.
- Active RN License in good standing.
- Current Basic Life Support from American Heart Association.
- Negative Drug Screen.