Wisconsin is the Badger State, but you may know it as the cheese state or the dairy capital of the US. While on your travel RN job you'll find fun and interesting things to do spring, summer, fall and winter. During the winter you can have some fun snowmobiling on their 15,000 miles of snowmobile trails, and make sure you visit Eagle River the snowmobile capital of the world. Nurses, if you love hunting there are many spots to hunt deer and turkey. During the fall, it's a great chance to grab your camera and get some beautiful pictures of the leaves changing colors. Take the scenic trip to Door County, which is especially pretty that time of year. Nurses love what Door County has to offer, especially the theaters, great dining, museums, and even lighthouses. There is so much to see!
The OR Nurse is responsible for helping surgeons in the operating room. OR RNs will prep the OR and the patient for surgery and make certain that all equipment is sterile and working correctly.
Operating Room Nurse duties consist of:
- Evaluating the health of the patient before, during and after the operation.
- Predict what the surgeons need and give medical instruments and medical supplies to them during procedures.
- Gathering and tracking the items needed for laboratory examinations.
One year of experience as an Operating Room Nurse within the past two years.
- Current Nursing License in good standing.
- Current BLS through American Heart Association.
- Negative Drug Screen.