The most important focus for the Oncology RN is to assist patients who are diagnosed with different stages of cancer. Oncology Registered Nurses also take care of patients that have a high risk of getting the disease, and present their patients with preventative methods.
As an Oncology Registered Nurse your duties consist of:
- Providing encouragement to patients while coaching them on their condition.
- Administering chemotherapy and other necessary medications to the patient.
- Monitoring the patient’s physical and mental condition and reporting their progress.
One year of experience as a Oncology RN within the past two years.
- Active RN License in good standing.
- Up to date BLS from American Heart Association.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen.