If you're looking for your next great adventure, consider taking your next travel nursing assignment in Maine. Maine is known for its scenery and it's seafood. Maine starts with a beautiful rocky coast dotted with postcard-perfect lighthouses and beautiful beaches. Inland are swift rivers running through rugged mountain ranges and thick forests that stretch to the Canadian border. Everywhere in Maine, you will find incredible scenery, great seafood, rich culture. unique shopping and friendly people.
Nature lovers will love Maine. Acadia National Park is one of the most spectacular natural places on the North American continent. In Acadia you will find granite cliffs, battered by the ocean, sand beaches and cobblestone beaches. Glacier-carved mountains rise from the sea and hold deep lakes in their valleys. Arcadia is truly one of the gems of the national park system and should not be missed by nature lovers and photographers.
The Appalachian Trail has its start here. One of the best sections is Gulf Hagas which is sometimes called the "Grand Canyon of the East." You'll get your feet wet, but the incredible waterfalls like Screw Auger Falls are definitely worth it.
Hiking or driving, don't miss the incredible fall foliage in Maine. From late September through October, Maine comes alive with fall colors.
If you've never been to Maine, you've never experienced anything like fresh caught Maine Lobster. Eating in Maine starts with the freshest seafood which then gets prepared by talented chefs and cooks. Whether you are looking for family dining or fine dining, you'll eat well in Maine.
If you're ready to advance your nursing career and have a great time doing it, then make the beautiful state of Maine home for your next 13 week travel nursing assignment!
ResponsibilitiesAs a Nurse Manager your responsibilities consist of:
- Selecting and retaining staff members.
- Coordinating training sessions.
- Oversee employee reviews and employee development programs.
- Making employee work schedules.
- Establishing procedures and policies to advance the department and the way patients are cared for.
- Making departmental budgets.
- Tracking expenses by month.
- Purchasing supplies and equipment.
RequirementsOne year of experience as a Nurse Manager within the past two years.
- Active Nursing License in good standing.
- Current Basic Life Support through American Heart Association.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen.