A Med/Surg RN performs a variety of duties from entry to discharge with a patient. Med/Surg Registered Nurses work directly with patients and also may assist a doctor with procedures. A Medical Surgical Nurse can handle the duties of a charge nurse when assigned.
ResponsibilitiesAs a Med/Surg RN your responsibilities include:
- Performing patient admissions and assessments.
- Distributing necessary medications.
- Logging patient care regarding procedures and test results.
- Implementing doctors orders.
- Review labs and the results of other tests.
RequirementsOne year of experience as a Med/Surg Registered Nurse within the past two years.
- Current Nursing License in good standing.
- Up to date BLS through American Heart Association.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen.
Travel or Local Contract
Nights, 12 hours