A Med/Surg Nurse performs a variety of duties from entry to discharge with a patient. Med/Surg RN’s work directly with patients and also may assist a doctor with procedures. A Medical Surgical Registered Nurse can handle the duties of a charge nurse when needed.
As a Med/Surg RN your duties include:
- Handling patient admissions and assessments.
- Giving needed medications.
- Documenting patient care regarding procedures and test results.
- Implementing physicians orders.
- Review labs and other test results.
One year of experience as a Med/Surg Nurse within the past two years.
- Active Nursing License in good standing.
- Up to date Basic Life Support through American Heart Association.
- Negative Drug Screen.