A Med/Surg Registered Nurse performs a variety of duties from entry to discharge with a patient. Medical Surgical RN’s work directly with patients and also may assist a physician with procedures. A Medical Surgical Nurse can handle the duties of a charge nurse when assigned.
As a Med/Surg Nurse your duties consist of:
- Taking care of patient admissions and assessments.
- Dispensing prescribed medications.
- Logging patient care regarding procedures and the results of their tests.
- Carrying out physicians orders.
- Review labs and other test results.
One year of experience as a Med/Surg Nurse within the past two years.
- Current RN License in good standing.
- Current Basic Life Support through American Heart Association.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen.