Wisconsin is the Badger State, but you may know it as the cheese state or the dairy capital of the US. While on your travel RN job you'll find fun and interesting things to do spring, summer, fall and winter. During the winter you can have some fun snowmobiling on their 15,000 miles of snowmobile trails, and make sure you visit Eagle River the snowmobile capital of the world. Nurses, if you love hunting there are many spots to hunt deer and turkey. During the fall, it's a great chance to grab your camera and get some beautiful pictures of the leaves changing colors. Take the scenic trip to Door County, which is especially pretty that time of year. Nurses love what Door County has to offer, especially the theaters, great dining, museums, and even lighthouses. There is so much to see!
A Medical Surgical Registered Nurse performs a variety of duties from entry to discharge with a patient. Medical Surgical Registered Nurses work directly with patients and also may assist a physician with procedures. A Med/Surg RN can step in and perform the duties of a charge nurse when assigned.
As a Med/Surg RN your duties include:
- Doing patient admissions and assessments.
- Dispensing prescribed medications.
- Documenting patient care regarding procedures and the results of their tests.
- Implementing doctors orders.
- Review labs and the results of other tests.
One year of experience as a Med/Surg Registered Nurse within the past two years.
- Current RN License in good standing.
- Up to date BLS through American Heart Association.
- Negative Drug Screen.