Wisconsin is the Badger State, but you may know it as the cheese state or the dairy capital of the US. While on your travel RN job you'll find fun and interesting things to do spring, summer, fall and winter. During the winter you can have some fun snowmobiling on their 15,000 miles of snowmobile trails, and make sure you visit Eagle River the snowmobile capital of the world. Nurses, if you love hunting there are many spots to hunt deer and turkey. During the fall, it's a great chance to grab your camera and get some beautiful pictures of the leaves changing colors. Take the scenic trip to Door County, which is especially pretty that time of year. Nurses love what Door County has to offer, especially the theaters, great dining, museums, and even lighthouses. There is so much to see!
A Medical Surgical RN performs a variety of duties from entry to discharge with a patient. Medical Surgical RN’s work directly with patients and also may assist a physician with procedures. A Medical Surgical RN can step in and perform the duties of a charge nurse when needed.
As a Medical Surgical RN your duties consist of:
- Handling patient admissions and assessments.
- Giving needed medications.
- Logging patient care regarding procedures and the results of their tests.
- Carrying out doctors orders.
- Review labs and the results of other tests.
One year of experience as a Medical Surgical RN within the past two years.
- Active Nursing License in good standing.
- Current Basic Life Support through American Heart Association.
- Negative Drug Screen.
2,000 hours in medical-surgical nursing in the past three years.