While it's most famous for Mount Rushmore National Monument, South Dakota has much more than that to offer to a traveling RN with a knack for the great outdoors or a desire to experience history and culture. Boasting nearly 60 state parks and recreational areas, South Dakota is the place to experience wildlife in a natural setting. Where else can you sit back and watch buffalo roam freely on The Great Plains?
Adventure-seeking travel nurses will love Custer State Park. The park's lakes are ideal for swimming and fishing while its many trails are popular with hikers and mountain bikers. The Missouri River, cutting through the state, provides beautiful views and endless water activities.
History buffs need to stop at Crazy Horse Memorial and literature lovers will jump at the chance to see the home of Laura Ingalls Wilder. When you're ready to take a break from the many outdoor pursuits available, sit back and enjoy some live music at Jazzfest in Sioux Falls.
When it's time to take in some excitement, there are rodeos throughout South Dakota that capture the true spirit of the West, and motorcycle enthusiasts will flock to Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, one of the largest in the world. If you're looking for a travel contract that brings some adventure, South Dakota could be an excellent choice. Call Nurses PRN to see what we have available!
A Medical Surgical RN performs a variety of duties from entry to discharge with a patient. Med/Surg RN’s work directly with patients and also may assist a physician with procedures. A Med/Surg Nurse can handle the duties of a charge nurse when needed.
As a Med/Surg Nurse your responsibilities include:
- Performing patient admissions and assessments.
- Giving needed medications.
- Documenting patient care regarding procedures and the results of their tests.
- Implementing physicians orders.
- Review labs and other test results.
One year of experience as a Medical Surgical Nurse within the past two years.
- Current Nursing License in good standing.
- Up to date Basic Life Support through American Heart Association.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen.
- Competitive salary based upon experience
- Full benefits package
- Potential for Sign on Bonus
- Relocation assistance provided as needed