A Med/Surg Nurse performs a variety of duties from entry to discharge with a patient. Med/Surg Registered Nurses work directly with patients and also may assist a doctor with procedures. A Med/Surg RN can handle the duties of a charge nurse when assigned.
ResponsibilitiesAs a Medical Surgical Nurse your duties include:
- Handling patient admissions and assessments.
- Distributing necessary medications.
- Logging patient care regarding procedures and the results of their tests.
- Implementing physicians orders.
- Review labs and the results of other tests.
RequirementsOne year of experience as a Med/Surg RN within the past two years.
- Active Nursing License in good standing.
- Current Basic Life Support through American Heart Association.
- Negative Drug Screen.
Travel or Local Contract
Nights, 12 hours