A Med/Surg Registered Nurse performs a variety of duties from entry to discharge with a patient. Medical Surgical RN's work directly with patients and also may assist a doctor with procedures. A Medical Surgical Registered Nurse can handle the duties of a charge nurse when assigned.
ResponsibilitiesAs a Medical Surgical Registered Nurse your responsibilities consist of:
- Performing patient admissions and assessments.
- Distributing needed medications.
- Documenting patient care regarding procedures and test results.
- Implementing physicians orders.
- Review labs and other test results.
RequirementsOne year of experience as a Med/Surg Nurse within the past two years.
- Current RN License in good standing.
- Current Basic Life Support through American Heart Association.
- Negative Drug Screen.
Travel or Local Contract
Days, 12 hours