A Medical Surgical Nurse performs a variety of duties from entry to discharge with a patient. Medical Surgical Nurses work directly with patients and also may assist a physician with procedures. A Medical Surgical Nurse can handle the duties of a charge nurse when assigned.
ResponsibilitiesAs a Med/Surg Registered Nurse your duties consist of:
- Performing patient admissions and assessments.
- Giving prescribed medications.
- Logging patient care regarding procedures and test results.
- Implementing physicians orders.
- Review labs and other test results.
RequirementsOne year of experience as a Med/Surg Nurse within the past two years.
- Active RN License in good standing.
- Current Basic Life Support through American Heart Association.
- Negative Drug Screen.
Travel or Local Contract
Days, 12 hours