For your next travel contract, go to a city where the weather is beautiful and the opportunities for adventure are endless. Los Angeles, called LA, the City of Angels, and La La Land, is one of the biggest cities in the US. Still, it has a surprising amount of natural scenery and outdoor space when you feel like getting away from the city. If you want some excitement in your assignment, consider LA.
Surrounded by a varying landscape including mountain ranges, valley, forests, and beaches spanning the Pacific Ocean, Los Angeles is a rare place where outdoor recreation is commonplace in a very urban setting. You can head to Griffith Park, a sprawling area including miles of trails for hiking, biking, or walking, as well as a golf course and a zoo. The Kenneth Hahn State Recreation Area is a great place for the outdoor enthusiast featuring several hills with miles of hiking trails and a Japanese garden.
To get the Hollywood experience, you can tour Universal studios, where several television shows have been and are shot, get a picture with the Hollywood sign, or go to Venice Beach, where you can take in some of the world's best people watching by walking the eclectic boardwalk or renting a bike.
With new restaurants popping up every day, world famous museums and galleries like the Getty Center, and even Disneyland there is always something to see or somewhere to be when you're in LA. To find out what we have available in your specialty, give PRN Healthcare a call!
A Maternal and Child Health RN serves women, children and their family members related to their public health matters. As a Maternal and Child Health RN you will meet with mothers and fathers during scheduled home visits. Maternal and Child Health RNs also can help with sexual reproductive health services.
As a Maternal and Child Health RN your duties consist of:
- Supplying information on Family planning methods.
- Supporting preventive health and prenatal practices for mothers. Which consists of assisting her with prenatal care, have a better diet, and reducing and/or eliminating her use of tobacco, alcohol and illegal drugs.
- Advocating for the health and well being of women who are pregnant and their children.
- Promoting increased family vaccination rates.
- Assisting the new mother get ready physically and emotionally for the arrival of her new baby.
- Provide life coaching for the expecting mother and her family members to ensure she can be self-sufficient by assisting them to develop a vision for their life.
One year of experience as an Maternal and Child Health RN within the past two years.
- Active Nursing License in good standing.
- Current Basic Life Support through American Heart Association.
- Negative Drug Screen.