When you're on the hunt for your next travel nursing contract, consider heading to a city that mixes rich history, beautiful outdoor recreation, and a calendar full of festivals and events. Nicknamed "Brew City" and "City of Festivals," Milwaukee loves to celebrate among its unique skyline and miles of lake and riverfront.
While on a travel contract, you want to feel assured that there will be ways to stay entertained on those days off no matter the weather or time of year, and Milwaukee has an endless list of options for indoor and outdoor activities. Summer in Milwaukee brings Summerfest, the largest music festival in the entire world, as verified by the Guinness Book of World Records. Beyond that, there are smaller festivals on the Summerfest grounds all summer long. Check out Visit Milwaukee's online calendar to plan some fun days exploring the festivals with your nurse friends.
If you happen to be in Milwaukee during the winter, you've still got plenty of options. In Red Arrow Park, you can ice skate in an outdoor rink right downtown while taking in the city skyline and tons of lights that fill the city during the holiday season. You can also take the opportunity to tour the Pabst Mansion, see one of many museums including the Harley-Davidson Museum and the famous Milwaukee Art Museum, or join a brewery tour.
Milwaukee is filled with neighborhoods worth exploring like the Historic Third Ward, which is full of boutique shops, restaurants, and galleries. You can also head to Milwaukee Public Market to try some great food while shopping for local fare in a vibrant setting. Sports loving travel nurses can catch a Milwaukee Brewers, Bucks, or Admirals game. The options are pretty much endless. If you're ready to check out Milwaukee for yourself, give Nurses PRN a call!
A Maternal and Child Health Professional serves women, children and their families related to their public health matters. As a Maternal and Child Health Professional you will meet with mothers and fathers during planned home meetings. Maternal and Child Health Professionals also help with sexual reproductive health services.
As a Maternal and Child Health Nurse your duties consist of:
- Supplying information on Family planning methods.
- Promoting preventive prenatal practices for mothers. Which includes assisting her with prenatal care, have a better diet, and reducing and/or eliminating her use of alcohol, tobacco, and illegal drugs.
- Promoting the health and well being of pregnant women and their children.
- Increasing family vaccination rates.
- Assisting the mother get ready physically and emotionally for the arrival of her baby.
- Provide guidance for the expecting mother and her family members to ensure she will be more self-sufficient by encouraging them to develop a vision for their life.
One year of experience as an Maternal and Child Health Registered Nurse within the past two years.
- Current Nursing License in good standing.
- Up to date Basic Life Support through American Heart Association.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen.