A traveling RN seeking beautiful beaches, Southern charm, or amazing food will be happy in South Carolina. The quintessentially Southern state is full of natural beauty, falling along the Atlantic coastline and containing the Sandhills and the Blue Ridge Mountains within.
Myrtle Beach is a popular destination for tourists from around the world with its 60 miles of white sand beaches and its practically endless options for dining, shopping, and theater. The adventurous in spirit can try out tons of water sports such as wakeboarding or surfing, while the travel nurse ready to relax will find miles of sand open to the public.
Charleston, SC is known for being the most well-preserved Southern city in America. This beautiful city filled with cobblestone streets and pastel houses is a popular place for tourists to take a carriage ride or just walk around soaking in the history. Although it's famous for its rich history, Charleston has a variety of modern restaurants and art galleries to be explored.
Head to Columbia, the largest city in South Carolina to cheer at a game at the University of South Carolina or take in the city views from a kayak ride along the river. Along with the rest of the state, Columbia has some of the best Southern Barbecue and fresh seafood you'll ever try.
If warm beaches, tasty food, and charming settings are your thing, call Nurses PRN and find out what RN contract assignments are available!
A Maternal and Child Health Nurse serves women, children and their families related to their public health matters. As a Maternal and Child Health RN you will meet with mothers and fathers during scheduled home meetings. Maternal and Child Health RNs also help with sexual health services.
As a Maternal and Child Health Professional your duties include:
- Providing information on Family planning methods.
- Supporting preventive health practices for mothers. Which includes assisting her with prenatal care, have a better diet, and reducing and/or eliminating her use of tobacco, alcohol and illegal drugs.
- Supporting the health and well being of pregnant women and their children.
- Raising family vaccination rates.
- Helping the mother to be get ready emotionally and physically for the arrival of her child.
- Provide life coaching for the expecting mother and her family to ensure she is self-sufficient by encouraging them to develop a plan for their life.
One year of experience as an Maternal and Child Health Nurse within the past two years.
- Active RN License in good standing.
- Current BLS from American Heart Association.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen.