A traveling RN seeking beautiful beaches, Southern charm, or amazing food will be happy in South Carolina. The quintessentially Southern state is full of natural beauty, falling along the Atlantic coastline and containing the Sandhills and the Blue Ridge Mountains within.
Myrtle Beach is a popular destination for tourists from around the world with its 60 miles of white sand beaches and its practically endless options for dining, shopping, and theater. The adventurous in spirit can try out tons of water sports such as wakeboarding or surfing, while the travel nurse ready to relax will find miles of sand open to the public.
Charleston, SC is known for being the most well-preserved Southern city in America. This beautiful city filled with cobblestone streets and pastel houses is a popular place for tourists to take a carriage ride or just walk around soaking in the history. Although it's famous for its rich history, Charleston has a variety of modern restaurants and art galleries to be explored.
Head to Columbia, the largest city in South Carolina to cheer at a game at the University of South Carolina or take in the city views from a kayak ride along the river. Along with the rest of the state, Columbia has some of the best Southern Barbecue and fresh seafood you'll ever try.
If warm beaches, tasty food, and charming settings are your thing, call Nurses PRN and find out what RN contract assignments are available!
A Maternal and Child Health RN serves women, children and their family members related to their public health matters. As a Maternal and Child Health RN you will meet with mothers and fathers during planned home visits. Maternal and Child Health Professionals also provide sexual reproductive health services.
As a Maternal and Child Health Professional your responsibilities include:
- Providing information on family planning matters.
- Supporting preventive health practices for mothers. Which consists of assisting her with prenatal care, improving her diet, and reducing and/or eliminating her use of alcohol, tobacco, and illegal drugs.
- Promoting the health and well being of pregnant women and their children.
- Promoting increased family vaccination rates.
- Helping the mother get ready emotionally and physically for the arrival of her new baby.
- Provide coaching for the expecting mother and her family members to ensure she has the tools to be self-sufficient by encouraging them to develop a plan for their futures.
One year of experience as an Maternal and Child Health RN within the past two years.
- Current Nursing License in good standing.
- Up to date BLS from American Heart Association.
- Negative Drug Screen.