You can experience the rapture of all-encompassing beauty in the state of Illinois. This is a superb site for a travel assignment as it has the potential to build some of your finest memories as a nurse. This is the epitome of sheer brilliance and immeasurable wealth. You will never forget your time spent in the glorious splendor of this state.
From the north to the south, this state is brimming with striking natural magnificence. You can sign up for a trip on the Fox River, visit the Shawnee National Forest and take in some of the greatest views known to man, or snap a photo of you and your friends beside the enormous Superman statue.
Three zoos represent the inspiring animal frontier in Illinois. Scovill Zoo features a long list of exotic creatures who are far from camera-shy; Brookfield Zoo contains a vast array of exhibits and showcases its strong belief in protecting natural wildlife; finally, Lincoln Park Zoo dazzles visitors while teaching about the extraordinary achievements of everything from tiny poison dart frogs to proud and mighty lions.
With an overload of discovery to be absorbed, Illinois is a delight to all your senses. Be sure to bring your camera and journal along if you select this as your next travel location site. Illinois is an incredible state to visit and a perfect example of why travel nursing is such a highlight.
ResponsibilitiesAs a Maternal and Child Health Registered Nurse your duties consist of:
- Supplying information on family planning matters.
- Supporting preventive prenatal practices for mothers. Which includes assisting her with prenatal care, reviewing her diet, and reducing and/or eliminating her use of alcohol, tobacco, and illegal drugs.
- Advocating for the health and well being of women who are pregnant and their children.
- Boosting family vaccination rates.
- Helping the mother to be get prepared physically and emotionally for the arrival of her new baby.
- Provide guidance for the expecting mother and her family members to ensure she is self-sufficient by encouraging them to develop a vision for their futures.
RequirementsOne year of experience as an Maternal and Child Health Professional within the past two years.
- Current RN License in good standing.
- Up to date BLS through American Heart Association.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen.